Designed to withstand high temperatures, Fire Bricks are made from fire clay. These bricks are also known as Refractory Bricks. They find extensive use in kilns, liners, wood fired ovens, fireboxes, lining furnaces, fireplaces, etc. Owing to their low thermal conductivity, Fire Bricks result in better energy efficiency. Different varieties of Fire Bricks are available like Clay Bricks, Insulation Bricks, Dense Bricks, Heavy Duty Bricks, etc. These Bricks are known to improve the efficiency of almost all kinds of heating systems.
Uses of Fire Bricks
Below is an overview of different uses of Fire Bricks.
- Fireplaces : These Bricks are used in fire places to protect surrounding walls and mantle from heat damage.
- Kilns : Fire Bricks are either used in the entire structure of the Kiln or in the inner layer.
- Wood Fired Ovens : Fire Bricks are designed to withstand rapid thermal cycling and thus used in Wood Fired Ovens. They are used in cooking floor and roof of the Oven.
- Land Scaping And Interior Decoration : Fire bricks are also widely used in Landscaping and interior and exterior decoration in Residence and office building. Fire bricks are also used on walking path in big complexes.
- Furnaces : They are used in all kinds of heaters, ovens, insulators and furnaces. Fire Bricks offer two benefits at the same time; they make the furnace hotter and efficient. Another advantage of using these Bricks is that they protect the outside of the furnace from excess heat.
Different Fire Bricks and their uses
- Heavy Duty Fire Bricks : Heavy Duty Fire Bricks are used in high temperature applications. These Bricks contain more than 50% alumina and are extensively used in large furnaces.
- Clay Bricks : These Bricks cannot withstand high temperature and are mostly used to construct outer area of a furnace.
- Insulation Bricks : Lightweight, high heat absorbing capacity and affordable are some of the attributes of Insulation Bricks. These Bricks are also used to construct outer area of furnaces.
Fire Bricks are extensively used in different applications due to their properties like low thermal conductivity and high heat resistance. They are also used in steel and aluminum plants.